Maine Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form Template PDF
Thekla Kirillova January 1, 2021 Bill Of Sale
When buying a vehicle in Maine, current buyers and owners need to provide a Maine vehicle bill of sale. This record includes facts about the automobile including the vehicle identification number (VIN), make and version, and also the specific odometer reading at that time of purchase.
The bill of sale template is also needed during some time of enrollment together with a couple different forms.
The record, precisely drafted and approved by both parties, will be proof of an authorized agreement happened, and also the owner now bears responsibility for that vehicle.
It`s much less formalized like a name or even a deed, however it nevertheless reflects a move of ownership and can be understood by judges in case of a debate or dispute concerning the bargain does occur later on.
How to Register a Vehicle in Maine
To be able to lawfully operate your newly purchased vehicle, you have to first get it processed for enrollment. Proceed to a municipal town office towards you, in the event your own community municipal town office doesn`t take part from the enrollment of motor vehicles, then you also have to alternatively stop by a Maine BMV (Bureau of automobiles
) with the following document on your hand:
- The bill of sale promising you have obtained the vehicle for that sum listed on the record.
- Title of the vehicle which signed by the former owner (just compulsory in the event the vehicle is newer than 1995).
- A state of Maine driver`s license.
- Paper-work confirming you get a valid car insurance plan.
- A Vehicle Registration Application (White and yellow copies just offered at the city office, no internet sort.)
- Be Ready to make the following obligations:
- Title Application Fee (just required for vehicles more than 1995): $3 3
- Maine Revenue Tax ~ 5.5percent of their product sales price of the car or truck.
- Excise Tax ~ Determined by what municipality/county you`re registering in.
- License Plate Charges ~ depend on the form of plates you opt for.
How to Write a Vehicle Bill of Sale in Maine
Step #1 : Initial Information. The first 2 blank lines in the form require that you input the following:
- Date of Transaction
- Name of Seller(s)
Step #2 : Vehicle Information. Provide the following vehicle information to fill in the required lines:
- VIN #
Step #3 : Price/Transferee. The last 2 blank lines of the top section, require you to provide:
- Amount of the Selling Price (numerically, in dollars)
- Name of Buyer(s)
Step #4 : Signatures and Contact Info. To complete the contract, the buyer(s) and seller(s) must each enter:
- Printed Name
(Notice: By signing the record, seller supports that the vehicle is totally free of any liens as well as encumbrances.)
Delaware Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form TemplateMar 06, 2022
Form MVD-10009 New Mexico Vehicle/Vessel Bill of Sale TemplateMar 05, 2022
Alabama Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form TemplateMar 04, 2022
Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form Template SampleJan 09, 2022
Sample Trailer Bill of Sale Form TemplateJun 14, 2021
Form MV-912 New York Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale TemplateJan 17, 2021