Maine Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form Template
Thekla Kirillova January 1, 2021 Bill Of Sale
When buying a vehicle in Maine, current buyers and owners need to provide a Maine vehicle bill of sale. This record includes facts about the automobile including the vehicle identification number (VIN), make and version, and also the specific odometer reading at that time of purchase. The bill of sale template is also needed during some time of enrollment together with a couple different forms.
The record, precisely drafted and approved by both parties, will be proof of an authorized agreement happened, and also the owner now bears responsibility for that vehicle. It`s much less formalized like a name or even a deed, however it nevertheless reflects a move of ownership and can be understood by judges in case of a debate or dispute concerning the bargain does occur later on.
How to Register a Vehicle in Maine
To be able to lawfully operate your newly purchased vehicle, you have to first get it processed for enrollment. Proceed to a municipal town office towards you, in the event your own community municipal town office doesn`t take part from the enrollment of motor vehicles, then you also have to alternatively stop by a Maine BMV (Bureau of automobiles) with the following document on your hand:
- The bill of sale promising you have obtained the vehicle for that sum listed on the record.
- Title of the vehicle which signed by the former owner (just compulsory in the event the vehicle is newer than 1995).
- A state of Maine driver`s license.
- Paper-work confirming you get a valid car insurance plan.
- A Vehicle Registration Application (White and yellow copies just offered at the city office, no internet sort.)
- Be Ready to make the following obligations:
- Title Application Fee (just required for vehicles more than 1995): $3 3
- Maine Revenue Tax ~ 5.5percent of their product sales price of the car or truck.
- Excise Tax ~ Determined by what municipality/county you`re registering in.
- License Plate Charges ~ depend on the form of plates you opt for.
How to Write a Vehicle Bill of Sale in Maine
Step #1 : Initial Information. The first 2 blank lines in the form require that you input the following:
- Date of Transaction
- Name of Seller(s)
Step #2 : Vehicle Information. Provide the following vehicle information to fill in the required lines:
- VIN #
Step #3 : Price/Transferee. The last 2 blank lines of the top section, require you to provide:
- Amount of the Selling Price (numerically, in dollars)
- Name of Buyer(s)
Step #4 : Signatures and Contact Info. To complete the contract, the buyer(s) and seller(s) must each enter:
- Printed Name
(Notice: By signing the record, seller supports that the vehicle is totally free of any liens as well as encumbrances.)
Size: 281 KB
Form VR-181 Maryland Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale TemplateJan 01, 2021
Maine Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form TemplateJan 01, 2021
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Bill of Sale Form Template ExampleDec 31, 2020
Form 44237 Indiana Vehicle Bill of SaleDec 30, 2020
Illinois Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form TemplateDec 29, 2020
Form 1957 Missouri Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale TemplateJan 07, 2021
Moped (Scooter) Bill of Sale Form Template ExampleJan 02, 2021
Equipment Bill of Sale Form Template SampleJan 01, 2021
Sample Furniture Bill of Sale Form TemplateJan 05, 2021
Nebraska Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form TemplateJan 09, 2021
Cat/Kitten Bill of Sale Form Template SampleJan 05, 2021
Iowa Vehicle Bill of Sale Form TemplateDec 30, 2020
Sample Horse/ Equine Bill of Sale Form TemplateJan 02, 2021
Louisiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale of a Movable Form TemplateDec 31, 2020